Saturday, May 17, 2008

Personal tatting challenge no. 3


I've completed my third personal tatting challenge! This is "Beatrice" from Tatted Doilies by Iris Niebach. I am fascinated by Iris's designs. I love that a complex piece can be completed in one round. Even if I do reach a level of expertise where I feel like I can design, I doubt that I would be able to envision patterns the way Iris does! The thread is Altin Basak #3004, size 50. I used a SewMate shuttle, which I really like. However, when it comes to plastic shuttles, the Clovers are still my favorite.

Oh, dear! I just thought of something... now I'll have to choose a new project!

8 comments:

  1. I love this one! It looks like a colorful snowflake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Diane. Something like that would look lovely framed on my new pale green walls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane that is perfection. I had already printed that one out as my next project in m,y HDT I even have that Altin Basak and its lovely...in fact I converted her diagram into half a doiley so that I could follow it easier.

    You have proved that it is a do-able one, have you nay idea how much thread you used, as you know I NEED to know that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow good job!! You are already finished and I still haven't gotten to that onion ring in the doily that starts with "M" in that book!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty work that doily of yours. Yes I agree that the designs done by Iris are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job and way to challenge yourself, you really rose up to the occasion...and thanks for showing the cover of the book...here I have been pining away for an Iris Neibach book of doily and patterns and wadda ya know? I have that book!!! Thank you for helping me realize it, DIane, I'm so happy now!!! Woo Hoo! I have an Iris Neibach pattern book, gonna tat me one tooooooo.

    I think your mom wants some of your tatting. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Showing the cover of the book proves the value of using Bento to catalog your collection. I just have to get my scanner to work wireless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings Diane! Beautiful job. I just got the same book in the mail from Be-Stitched and my brain tied itself in knots after seeing how the patterns were written. I'
    ll figure them out, oh yes, I will.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!