Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Shuttling between projects


I've been spending time with "Beatrice" by Iris Niebach this week, but since I haven't been to therapy in two weeks, I decided I really need the workout I get from crochet.

Three evenings for a 6" crocheted doily is an awful slow pace for me, but at this point I'm just grateful that I can crochet! This is #11 from Mini Masterpieces: 30 Little Doilies by Patricia Kristoffersen.

Good news from the doctor! More therapy has been approved! The insurance company only approved 6 sessions out of the 12 the doctor requested, but something's better than nothing! I guess I'm going to have to force myself to tat, crochet, and knit this summer... all in the name of healing my wrist, of course! Sigh! A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

12 comments:

  1. Oh, you poor dear, you HAVE to tat and knit and crochet. HowEVER are you going to do it...LOL. I love you crocheted doily. I think I have that crochet book, too. I have got to get my hot little hands on those Iris Neibach book her designs are all so beautiful. I'm glad you are continuing to heal, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been getting a lot done, and it's gorgeous! That is good that you are going to get more therapy, and I'm sure that the crocheting and tatting will help. Nice warm summer days should speed up the healing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad your wrist is feeling well enough to create such beautiful things :) Love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Job Diane! I'm attepting one of Iris's doilies too and got stuck at an onion ring need to look it up but haven't gotten time to yet and I keep forgetting! LOL I'm doing Marian I think it's called can't remember exact name would have to go look! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing! Such a sacrifice! Hang in there and you will get through it. Your work is lovely, whether crochet or tatting. I hope you will be good as new soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What thread are you using for the tat? It is really lovely. What will life be if we don't have all these - I know it too well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tatting and knitting will be good therapy and do you good. Not a bad summer after all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beatrice is really pretty -- another inquiring mind wants to know, "What IS that thread?" I feel really bad for you having to tat, crochet and knit all summer. Ooooo, how horrible. NOT It's a lot better than squeezing clay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shame one me! The thread is Altin Basak #3004, size 50.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diane, I enjoy seeing what you've tatted, but it's a nice surprise to see all the other goodies you've made as well, the crocheted doily is beautiful. Sounds like a fun Summer! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who ARE you???? LOL, you have been so busy and I am loving every bit of it! You should be proud of your progess!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a hard life, Diane, but someone's got to do it! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!