Saturday, May 24, 2008

Tatting bookmarks for teachers


It's hard to believe, but school will be over for the year this coming Friday! Where has the time gone? We're going to have a staff cookout on Thursday and say farewell to four of our colleagues. The high school principal is taking on a new post near his family home in western Illinois. Our high school business ed/home ec teacher is moving to Arizona to be near her mom and brothers. One of our middle school resource teachers is also moving closer to family. One of our kindergarten teachers is moving closer to home and has accepted a position as a middle school language arts teacher. I sense a theme here... there's no place like home!

I'd like to do something special for these dedicated educators, and I've decided on bookmarks. This is the pattern I made for Mom (No. 36: Insertion from The DMC Book of Charted Tatting Designs by Kirstine Nikolajsen & Inge Lise Nikolajsen). This is a very easy pattern to follow, and it tats up quickly. The thread is LadyShuttleMaker's Purple Lime Tie Dye, size 20. I love the way this worked up. The sections of green remind of grape seeds next to purple grapes.

I haven't decided yet if all four bookmarks will be the same. After all, variety is the spice of life!

4 comments:

  1. It look great and what a thoughtful gift for these colleagues who are saying goodbye. I hope they realize what a truly wonderful gift they are getting! You're so sweet to do that for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, your bookmarks are fabulous! Beautiful gifts, I'm sure your recipients will appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this color! Sherry's threads do seem to be brought out by the bookmarks I've seen made with them.

    Lucky teachers...
    :-) Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. These last three bookmarks are all so beautiful! LadyShuttleMaker always has such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!