Sunday, May 18, 2008

Tatting for Mom


I really meant to do something special for my mom this Mother's Day, but I had a hard time thinking of what I could do that would be meaningful without taking up a lot of space. Mom works very hard to keep clutter under control.

This morning, it hit me... a tatted bookmark! My mom has been my greatest influence when it comes to a love of reading and needlework. So, Mom, this bookmark is for you! Belated Happy Mother's Day! Love, Diane

The pattern is No 36: Insertion from The DMC Book of Charted Tatting Designs by Kirstine Nikolajsen & Inge Lise Nikolajsen. The thread is Yarnplayer's "Golden Glow", the same thread I used for the tatted crosses for the stole Mom is weaving.

8 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Diane. I can't wait to see it in real time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Diane's Mom finally got a little tatted sumpin' sumpin'....whew...after all that hinting I was beginning to wonder...Just kidding, I knew you'd come through. I gave my adopted mom a tatted bookmark for Mother's Day, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautious! What a thoughtful Mother's Day gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day Diane's mom!!! You lucky lady you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and I love the thread.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tatted bookmarks are so nice especially when made with HDT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice pattern for a bookmark, and your mom sounds like the type of person who will use it and enjoy it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. What a wonderful idea. I'm sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!