Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tatted horse shoe


When I opened up Nancy Tracy's monthly Be-stitched newsletter, I knew I had to tat this adorable little horse shoe! I've only ridden a horse once, and I'm not likely to do it again, but I do like the idea of horse shoes! Dave and I have been west several times... Jackson Hole, Wyoming, Glacier National Park, Yosemite, Colorado, the Grand Canyon... so reading about Nancy's trip helped remind me of some of the wonderful sites we've seen. Nancy's directions are clear and easy to follow, so this little horse shoe was quick and fun!

4 comments:

  1. When I saw the pattern, I knew it would be easy to tat. This can be put on cards too (get more cards for upcoming festive - but then my promise no tatting (and blogging?) until master's done. shoot)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a sweet little horseshoe! I really like those two colors together too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You finished this already? oh my.
    Is this appliqued on the background? I am going to make one for a friend of mine who is a barrel racer and trainer of barrel racing horses. My riding days are over, I think. But I loved it while I was able to get out and about. Anyway, the only thing I CAN knit are granny blocks, so if it is appliqued to a back, would make a useful pot holder. hummm

    X BJ

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!