Monday, March 16, 2009

Oklahoma!

Oklahoma! was fabulous! I'm always amazed at the talent that can be found among high school students. I'm also amazed at the talent my daughter has for getting almost 30 students to work together in a production this size! This scene is the yard outside Aunt Eller's house before the party. My daughter Carol designed the set and did most of the painting. My husband Dave helped build the house.


This scene is during "The Farmer and the Cowman Should Be Friends." Carol designed and painted this set as well. I'm so proud of her and all the kids! Dave and I attended all three performances, and they were all fantastic!


Now I have to catch up on all the laundry that didn't get done this weekend!

5 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful...and a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! I'm glad it turned out well....but not surprised! Wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scenery is beautiful-your daughter is quite talented! This brings back memories as I performed 'Oaklahoma' when I was a junior in High School (I was one of the extras-I was too shy to sing solos:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! Our school also presented Oklahoma, and I was able to help paint the set. My "starring role" as an extra was in "The Sentimental Bloke". I had one line with 6 others and there was no way the music teacher would let me on stage again!! If only she knew, my Joey Mob have won the scout show trophy 4 out of 6 years! Must have found my niche since high school :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun production! It looks like your daughter did a fabulous job with those students and tapping into their talents. You must be very proud! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!