Sunday, July 12, 2009

Itsy-Bitsy Snowflake


Tattycat has inspired me! Yes, it's time for snowflakes! I had just a little bit of Coral Reef left after tatting a Spinning Wheel glass mat and Heart's Desire, so I decided to go with an easy favorite. The pattern is Itsy-Bitsy Snowflake from A Veritable Tatted Blizzard by Samantha Melnychuk. I guess I should have spent a few minutes blocking it, but I can always do that later. I wasn't very careful with the scanning. The odd looking piece of thread is for hanging the snowflake from my tree. I never did put my tree away... it's still up in my sewing room!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Diane!

    This snowflake is perfectly beautiful, and it really looks sooo hard to do!

    Your garden is stunning, so much to look at, and that porch is just lovely! Love it all!!!

    Paulette :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness, that is so freakin' cute! :)
    It makes me wanna hug ya! (((HUGS)))!
    LOL! Wierd, I know, but that's how I feel when I see cute little things like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty snowflake!

    Made me think-for about 10 seconds!- that maybe I'd tat snowflakes for people's trees this year. Then I remembered to judge based on school year time- so that idea is a big NO!

    Glad you have a tree to put it on right away- no deferred gratification there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this little snowflake and it looks lovely is coral reef. I have this book, so I must tat it now. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Are those little Josephines or just small rings? This could be a lovely little motif for using beads.... just small enough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very cute, now I have to think if I have this book.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!