Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tatting Tea Tuesday


Yesterday, my friend Denise (Lace Rn) and I got together for our first official Tatting Tea Tuesday! Although we live only about 3 miles from each other, we aren't able to get together very often because of our work schedules. We had so much fun yesterday! We tatted and chatted for about 2 1/2 hours!


I think I took the wrong picture here... it should have been of the new Winder Shuttle that Denise won over at The Tatting Forums. Denise is working on Anne Bruvold's Dragon Wing Doily. I'm working on a snowflake from 24 Snowflakes in Tatting by Lene Bjorn.


Denise finds the cutest little things! This little frog (she bought one for each of us) is supposed to be our tatting good luck charm. It didn't work for either one of us yesterday... we both had to rip it, rip it! Well, we really just retro-tatted, but you get the idea!

Oh, and Jeff... in your honor, we finished our Tatting Tea Tuesday with a beer!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, now my kind of TTT! Too bad you are so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tatting with friends is a very rare occurrence where I live--unless I am teaching someone to tat. I know you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, love the post - what a hoot!

    Sounds (and looks) like you two had tremendous fun!!

    I have to agree with Linda's comment - where I live, I'm the only tatter within 15 years (the gentleman at one of the local craft stores knows about tatting *doesn't tat himself though*, and proceeded to tell me how to do it, what tools are used, etc etc *it was cute*, but also told me that I was the 1st tatter he'd seen in 15 years that is working this craft... needless to say, I felt a bit honored and happy(the tatting market is ALLLLLLL mine!! lol

    None of my friends are interested in learning to tat (yet.. I will convert them before life is over), they just like to buy (or receive as gifts) my finished items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Could "finish with a beer" be a new trend for Tatting Tea Tuesday?

    Thanks for this great post! So glad you had such an enjoyable time.

    Keep these riveting reads coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always great to tat with friends! Scheduling is always a huge issue...I have a tatting friend about 3 blocks away, but we don't get to visit and tat very often. Congrats to conquering the schedule monster!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice too read about your Tatting Tuesday. I love too tatting whit some friends,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Diane, how fun is that! I love to tat with my friends but I have to drive quite a distance to do it. Leave it to you to come up with a new way to do TTT! Keep it up and it will have to be changed to Tipsy Tatting Tuesday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tipsy Tatting Tuesday works well for me! I really do like the taste of beer better than the taste of tea! : )

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!