Sunday, September 16, 2012

A wonderful weekend!

The weather was absolutely fantastic this weekend! Our granddaughter Eva spent the weekend with us, so I didn't get a lot of tatting done, but I did finish one piece.


This is Maria from Tatted Bookmarks - cross-shaped by Lene Bjorn, with two modifications. I left the picots off the rings, and I changed the rings at the ends of the tassels. I was hoping for a more masculine look. Do you think I succeeded? The thread is size 20 Lizbeth #173, Purple Marble.


When we arrived home, I found two very special packages in the mail. First, some luscious new HDT from Monica! Monica proposed a swap when she saw my rose shuttles... HDT for shuttles. Being an HDT addict, I quickly agreed, and I'm so glad I did! Aren't the colors gorgeous?


My other package contained the most beautiful rose pin I have ever seen! This gorgeous embroidery on felt is by my dear friend Paulette aka Beedeebabee. I just adore her work, and I would recommend her to anyone! Right now, she has two Halloween-themed pins that I am sorely tempted to buy... an adorable witch's hat and a pumpkin. I wonder if she'll be making a black cat as well? I'll have to ask her!

I hope all of you had as wonderful a weekend as I did. My batteries are re-charged, and I'm ready for another fun-filled week at school!

9 comments:

  1. That pin - such beautiful work!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think you got what you were trying to achieve with the bookmark. That is a very nice colorway.
    The threads are pretty.
    and I like that pin, how big is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful weekend for you :) isn't Paulett's work incredible? I am so envious of her creativity!!!!!!!

    if I could create what she does in felt, I would be soooooo pleased with myself, but alas, I make very poor imitations, believe me, after first coming across her site a few years back, i tried. Now I just browse her beautiful work and marvel and drool :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy you got the thread! I have been enjoying my rose shuttles a lot. Can't wait to see what you tatt with "my" thread. It is exciting to see what others make with it.

    I am drooling at the rose pin. My "other" grandmother (other as in, not the one that tatted) used to do that kind of rose embroidery and I think it is one of the cutest things on earth. I have never attempted it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cross looks really wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cross lovely colour,
    Gorgeous pin, how big is it, it looks so delicate
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bellisima la cruz, todos tus trabajos son hermoso y el color del hilo es una hermosura.Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your post truly reads as recharged and full of Fall spirit. Paulette does such exquisite work and your pin is beautiful. Wonderful week to you...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came across Paulette's blog through Gina's blog, and I was blown away! What a unique and talented artist! I didn't realize you are friends!

    The cross is excellent.



    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!