Sunday, March 17, 2013

Bloglovin

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I depend on Google Reader to keep up with all the blogs I love. However, Google Reader is going away on July 1. Boo hoo!

I signed up with Bloglovin a few months ago, but I only had one blog listed to follow. With the announcement regarding Google Reader this month, I decided to learn more about this service. I'm sure it will take a while to learn all the ins and outs. Sigh... more to learn! ;-)

Because you asked...

Google Reader, Bloglovin, and Feedly manage RSS feeds. Basically, I do not have to visit every blog I'm interested in every day. When a blogger posts, the new post appears in part on the reader. I can quickly browse through posts and then go to the blog to read the entire post when I have the time. Using a reader saves me loads of time, which in turn leaves me more time for tatting!

9 comments:

  1. Well I didn't know that. Thanks for the warning. I've just signed up for Bloglovin now. Why are google taking it away? That and igoogle finishes in November too. I have all the most useful tools on igoogle including currency conversion apps. Grrrrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard that either, we get something good and then it's taken away.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.k., I have never tried google reader, but have heard several bloggers mention it. I don't know exactly what it does. I have all my favorite blogs listed on the side of my blog, and I can see when someone sets a new post. What is Google reader, or Bloglovin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow all of my favorite blogs on the Feedly app that is free on iPad. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip! Just signed up. Layout looks as good if not better than Reader. Good call, Diane!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like Ladytats, I don't really know what that means?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Google Reader, Bloglovin, and Feedly manage RSS feeds. Basically, I do not have to visit every blog I'm interested in every day. When a blogger posts, the new post appears in part on the reader. I can quickly browse through posts and then go to the blog to read the entire post when I have the time. Using a reader saves me loads of time, which in turn leaves me more time for tatting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the info. Basically my blog roll does that for me too. I have it set to list the blog title, the title of the recent post, and when the post went live. I can then click on the post to read it if I wish.
    I could have set the setting to give me the first sentence, or a picture, but felt that used too much space on my blog. Having a RSS feed manager to check for me is one more thing to manage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uggg me too... I went with feedly they made it easy to transition... I will miss goggle reader though it really was the best one! Yesterday I went through my starred items and pinned a gajillion to pinterest! That was a task! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!