Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Falling behind...

It seems I'm falling behind in everything! Yes, I have excuses, but who wants to hear excuses? Let's talk about fun stuff!


This weekend we drove to Minnesota to meet our newest granddaughter, Sophia. Isn't she a sweetie? She's wearing a sweater that her Great-grandma Green (my mom) knit for her. Mom was afraid it wouldn't fit for long, but Sophia will be wearing this one for a while. She's so tiny!


I received this book in the mail, and it is wonderful! The illustrations are well done, and it came with a tatted bookmark. I can't remember who posted about purchasing one motif, but I decided to purchase the whole book here. I'm glad I did!


I'm still working on my niece's hanky. It's going slowly, because I've restarted attaching the edging several times. Thanks to Frivole, I think I am finally getting it right!

13 comments:

  1. What a sweet picture of Sophia and her grandma Diane! Maybe another tatter?

    Your lace edging looks perfect! It's being nicely attached. I think Alma of 'Two Shuttles' mentioned the book. I think the rabbit on the cover is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your precious tiny Sophia. Being a grandma is such sweet bliss. The hanky edging is gorgeous. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at all that hair! Sweet pic of you looking so happy!

    Love the edging.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new grandbaby is beautiful! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The baby looks like you! Maybe I was the person who wrote that I had bought one motif - the rabbit - but I have since bought the book which is, as you say, beautifully produced. And I've just bought the snake pattern - I forget the designer's name, but she wrote to me that she's planning to design the entire Chinese zodiac - so I'll be keeping my eye open for each part as she designs it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would get behind with a sweet bundle like that in my arms too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your new granddaughter! And your white handkerchief is looking really beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Baby Sophia has a lot of hair, doesn't she? Very sweet picture of her with grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sophia is the best reason for falling behind! Enjoy every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. CONGRATULATIONS! Your Sophia is lovely and sweet. To be a grandmather is the best for us... I know it!
    Kisses for you both and I wish all the best for all your family.
    Teresinha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful works i love it thank you to lif comment on my blog Marie-Claire

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful granddaughter and grandmother! I wish you all the best for your family

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!