Thursday, August 15, 2013

Baiduri

School starts Monday, and I've been there getting ready for the new school year this week. I love the start of school! The kids are enthusiastic about returning. The building is clean and shiny. Smiles are everywhere!

However, the start of the new school year means less time for tatting. I haven't accomplished nearly as much as I would have liked this summer, but I feel like I have been keeping a slow and steady pace.


This morning I finished Baiduri from Elegant Tatting Gems by Jon Yusoff. I love this pattern! As I was  steaming it, I saw two twisted picots, and some of my chains don't lie right. I guess this one will need to  be properly blocked so that I can be happy with it... not a big deal, just one more thing to add to my "to do" list. :-)

7 comments:

  1. This one is very nice I like it too. I don't know why some days my thread does that too. And our school started last Monday. I think it's nice too but don't want winter to come :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snowflake looks very nice to me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous piece of tatting. You definitely are a very talented tatter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you had a VERY productive summer, tatting-wise and otherwise! I admire your energy and ability to tat after (or even during) a busy day. Don't forget your 'Broadway production! That REALLY impressed me! Looked like fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely piece! We start school next week and I look forward to having a bit more time to tat.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!