Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Guardian Angel

Where does the time go? I can't believe it's been over a week since I attended my first online tatting class with Georgia Seitz. I wasn't able to stay on for very long, but it was nice to see familiar names in the forum.

The pattern for the class was Guardian Angel by Kathy Hodge. What a fun tat this was!


There were two options for the angel's skirt, and I chose option #1. She was supposed to have beads in her hair, but my beads are put away someplace very, very safe... I'm not quite sure where! ;-)

I used size 20 Lizbeth #171, Green Coral Sea. Wouldn't it be fun to see a Christmas tree filled with angels in lots of beautiful colors? 

15 comments:

  1. OOh, the angel is very pretty. I got the pattern but haven't got any done yet. I am looking forward to making some for Christmas Farmers Market. Don't you just hate it when you get some nice treasure and you put it away so good, you never see it again. Been there done that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The angel is quite lovely. Yes, a tree with a lot of these on it would be quite a sight!
    Hope you find your beads before you want them again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she is beautiful! I saw the class and was going to attend but got dragged out of the house. I might just have to try tatting an angel . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very much admire this angel. I see that it's a free pattern, and it's on my to-do list! I love the thread color you used - one which I don't have. It's nice to see how variegated threads tat up in a project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to tat these two angels for my angel tree - yours looks so beautiful. I didn't get to class either. It isn't a free night for me but I try to follow the class.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful angel, love the colours and pattern
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with all the others she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable angel, and such pretty thread too.
    I think I would go for the bead option though, especially as I know where mine are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diane Dear this angel is precious. Angels would be so welcome in any color and any time of year. I can imagine sending an angel of comfort to someone needing TLC. I must learn to tat!!! DRAT!!! This is my mantra. Tatting Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors and the tatting is beautifull!!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!