Saturday, September 14, 2013

Kencana


I finally finished Kencana from Elegant Tatting Gems by Jon Yusoff. The pattern wasn't difficult at all. My problem was technology!

My printer stopped working at the beginning of the week. Not completely, it just wouldn't print black, and of course, Dave needed some information printed out for work. So, instead of tatting every night, I worked with my printer. I tried everything I could think of, and then I tried everything I could find on the Internet. Nothing worked.

Luckily, I still had my old printer. There was nothing wrong with it. We just wanted a new one so that Dave could print directly from his iPad, and the old printer didn't have that capability. So, I decided to dust off the old printer this morning. Simple, right? Wrong! Because of updates to my computer operating system, a simple installation didn't work. It took almost three hours to get the old printer working, but it is working!

So, to reward myself for a job well done, I took the time to finish tatting Kencana. Now it's time to fix dinner!

7 comments:

  1. Isn't it dreadful how much time such a seemingly simple task can take? Printers! Can't live with them; can't live without them. : ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you phrased that-- the printer didn't stop working, it just wouldn't print black-- its most basic function! My favorite is when the printer refuses to even try because it says it need magenta ink to print a black and white document.

    The snowflake is so pretty! Is that Blue Ice? It's such a perfect colorway for snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful snowflake!!! And I love that you tatted it in blue ice cuz' it looks awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kencana is lovely! Jack saw a cartoon the other day about a man talking to his printer, 'Nice printer, kind printer, please, please, just do this job for me' You know the feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been through 4 printers and met a lady that said the printers are cheaper than the ink! and she is almost right. I wore them out. that is a different snowflake and first one of the year that in in color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful tatting. I see a lovely snowflake hanging in a simple silver ring. Computers, printers and the woes of it all are too much for me. I am a simple paper and pencil girl...mostly. Serene Sunday Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That snowflake looks beautiful in that colorway, so delicate!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!