Monday, September 2, 2013

Nilam


Well, I never did get around to putting all my toys away today, but I did manage to finish Nilam from Elegant Tatting Gems by Jon Yusoff. The thread is size 20 Lizbeth, #163, Blue Ice. This is one of my favorite colors of Lizbeth. It's so smooth, and I love tatting with it!

I did manage to finish one other thing today, a book my grandson lent to me at the beginning of the summer. Aidan loves dragons, and his dad bought him the Wings of Fire series. I am not into dragons, but the first book, The Dragonet Prophecy, is very well written. It was so good, I started the second book, The Lost Heir. I think I'll do a little more reading before heading off to bed.

Good night, all!

7 comments:

  1. Whoa! That is really beautiful in Blue Ice....Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Has your grandson (or you for that matter) read Patricia C. Wrede's "Enchanted Forest Chronicles?" Dragons feature heavily in those books and have been major favorites for me since childhood. They also have both strong female and characters, which is always nice to find in young adult fiction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I just got that book and think it works great to show off variegated colorways with all the chains with thrown rings on the outer edges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely simple motif! Jon's patterns are so wonderful! It's amazing what a well written book will do, isn't it? I am not into fantasy or sci fi, but have read a few well written books that were an easy read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane Dear your tatting is simply a feast for my eyes. I have missed seeing your beautiful work. Blissful Tatting my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Diane...just so beautiful!!! I love the variegated thread you used here. Those soft colors look so perfect with this design. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!