Monday, September 30, 2013

Reaching out

Back in June, my good friend Marilee Rockley aka YarnPlayer emailed me to see if I'd be interested in writing a blog post for Craftsy. I was intrigued, so I gave her permission to share my information with the people at Craftsy. They contacted me in July, and I agreed to write some articles for them, starting with one on shuttles.

After a great deal of procrastination, I finally wrote a piece about tatting shuttles. If you're interested, you can find the blog post here. I know Marilee has had a great number of people sign up for her shuttle tatting class, and it seems from the replies to my post that there are people interested in learning more about tatting and the materials we use. Maybe I should write a piece about finding other tatters online! ;-)

I'm not sure what my problem is lately... age, weather, distractions... but I sure am having trouble focusing on projects! My sewing room is still a disaster, and I can't find what I want when I want it. I haven't been blogging much, because I haven't had anything to blog about!


I did finish another Spinning Wheel before heading off to school this morning. This one is in Perfect Quilter Sun-n-Surf #086. It's only about 3 1/2". I'm so glad Fox introduced this thread to Blogland. I love it! This little beauty already has a home in my curio cabinet.

Now, what to do next?

9 comments:

  1. Nice article Diane! Perfect for beginners.

    Don’t worry. You are not alone. I sometimes am so distracted about everything, I don’t know what to pick up! It helps, I find, to do one thing at a time for a while.

    Too many things on the go and I go sort of ditzy! Sort of? HA!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful colored glass mat!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be in the air.....why we can't find something, finish something or blog. :)
    You made another beautiful Glass Mat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting article on shuttles, well written. The funny thing is that one person's perfect shuttle is the next person's 'give it away because I can't stand it' shuttle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find it amazing that in the 1950s and for many years I thought the ONLY shuttle used for tatting was the Boye metal bobbin shuttle, with the flat hook, since that's the only one I ever saw in the stores! And so little was written about tatting back then! Tatters today, thankfully, have a wealth of information at their disposal! Your article is a good overview!

    You accomplish more than I do, even on your 'slow' days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your spinning wheel mat, really lovely, I have not had time to try your thread, it's seems to be all workmen and non stop since we got home.
    I am off to read your article, next week I have to give a talk to two WI meetings, never done it before on tatting and I am writing up a little booklet which if I can get done I will try anfpd sell a few copies, so I am interested in your piece,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous article, Diane! You did an outstanding job!

    I totally agree with your observation that we need a piece about finding other tatters online :) Funny how the blog post was on Craftsy and one of the commenters didn't know that there was a tatting course on Craftsy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a nice overview of shuttles in your Craftsy article. You even included the way to dress them up :-) I, too, am having trouble getting things accomplished. I have a list of things I want to do but can't seem to pick up any of them. I wrote them down on a list and hoping that helps me focus a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!