Friday, August 15, 2014

A few of my favorite things...

It's been a long time since my last blog post. I've had lots of fun doing all the things I love, and I just didn't feel like taking time to sit down at my computer.

Yes, I've accomplished a lot since my last post, including finishing setting up for the start of school on Monday. Here's just a little of what I've been doing...


I'm sad to say that I've only finished one piece of tatting since my last post, another motif from Tatting by Myra Piper. However, I did start another Spinning Wheel glass mat! I'll post a picture when it's finished.


With school starting next week, I figured I needed a new supply of blinged shuttles. Here's one side,


and here's the other. I love the way they turned out! I'll have to work on some more this weekend, because I gave a few away.


Tollway Tatters met on Tuesday. Sue Anna told us all about her trip to Alaska. She brought back some really cool beads that she's planning to use for earrings.


We celebrated Marilee's birthday... 29 again!


Carol and Barbara took the lead in picture taking. I always bring a camera along, but I'm not very good at remembering to take pictures!


I've finished two more bags. They're so much prettier in person. I keep saying that I'm going to learn to take better pictures, but I guess it's just not at the top of my priority list!


I think this might be my prettiest bag so far! It's too bad the colors look so faded. It's really shimmery, with pretty sequins sparkling here and there.

I've also been watching a Craftsy class on spinning, and I've been practicing with my drop spindle. Can you tell I'm getting ready for retirement? ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Cool shuttles!! I imagine it took some time to deco. those, and it looks as if you all enjoyed yourself at the Tollway Tatter's meeting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the new term will get off to a good start. I'm sure the tatters will be keen to get going, so you'll need those blinged shuttles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shuttles, I can see there's going to be a rush at the start of school for tatting lessons.
    You all look so happy, of course Marilee was 29 again we all are aren't we.
    I have not forgotten to send you the pattern, life's been a hard going over recent weeks. It's on my old laptop must transfer it to my new one, I will send it to you.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the design of that motif!!! :) And the color too!! :)
    Great shuttles!!!! :)
    And fabulous bags as always!!! :)
    And I am getting jealous about missing Tollway Tatters, but I believe it's just not my time yet. Hopefully again I will get the chance to join all you wonderful tatters!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab shuttles for September classes. Love the bags.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!