Thursday, November 20, 2014

Scarf instructions

Because I was asked...

One skein of yarn will make one of these scarves. I've tried worsted, two strands of worsted held together, bulky, and super bulky. 

Chain 50 - 60 stitches, depending on the length scarf you want. 
Join to first chain to make a circle. 
Chain 3. Double crochet in same stitch (this helps eliminate the gap that can form when joining the circle).
Double crochet in each stitch around, always starting with a chain 3 and double crochet in the first stitch. (When joining, make sure you skip the chain 3 and join to ththe first double crochet.)
Work in this manner until the scarf is about 6" or your desired width. 

For a double loop scarf, I used one skein of worsted weight and chained 150. I don't have to hook with me, but I think I used a J for worsted weight. 

I hope to see posts of other scarves!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you this really helps from a friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will not start crochet too, I will not start crochet too, I will not start crochet too... but aren't your scarves lovely????? And my friend asked for a scarf...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a visual. Is it a loop you can put your head thru?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for taking the time to explain the pattern! I hope to try it out soon. Have to dust off my crochet hooks!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!