Thursday, April 16, 2015

Keep on Spinning!

It's no secret that Mary Konior's Spinning Wheel glass mat is my all-time-favorite pattern. I've mostly tatted it in size 20 and size 80, but I'm finding that I really am enjoying tatting it in size 10.


I know that I could have had it finished by now, but I'm really enjoying working at a leisurely pace.


Rita asked if I could make crocheted flower buttons in pairs for her. She has something special in mind, but I'm not sure exactly what she's planning. Of course I need to finish more than one pair so that she can get started!


My new shuttles by Ayumi Horiai arrived from Japan today! I guess I really liked the blue ones... I ordered on two different days and managed to choose the blue one both times. I wonder what that says about me? Do you think it means I like blue? ;-)

17 comments:

  1. Love that mini doily glass mat!! :)
    Great button flowers again!! :)
    Such beautiful shuttles!!!!! :) Is there a link to where you can get them??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I belong to the Tatting group on Facebook. Ayumi posts her new shuttles there.

      Delete
  2. Your Japanese shuttles look wonderfully shiny. I think the spinningwheel mat would be a good size in size 10 thread. It would be interesting to see a comparison with one in size 80.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to remember to post pictures of the two sized together, Jane. I do have some in size 80.

      Delete
  3. Your Japanese shuttles look wonderfully shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Japanese shuttles look wonderfully shiny! You must have shuttles from many different countries now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, I think you're right! I hadn't thought about it, but I have shuttles from South Africa, South America. Japan, Scandinavia... I'll have to take some time to photograph them with a map!

      Delete
  5. I never "got" the doily thing (mostly made jewelry). Then I recently made one in 10 - now I'm hooked! thanks for the inspiration! http://s19.postimg.org/cnh7aky6b/doily.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely lace work, I need to try my hand at those crochet button flowers, I love those. More beautiful shuttles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch out, Lady Jane... those crocheted button flowers are highly addictive!

      Delete
  7. Love the spinning mat. Maybe I'll be able to acquire that book someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonderful book, Grace. If I had to give away all but one book, I'm pretty sure it's the one I would keep!

      Delete
  8. argh! I had typed a comment and somehow it 'vanished'. When you tat the pattern, it looks great in any color or size tatting fiber! Lovely shuttles, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your spinning mat looks lovely,
    I think we can safely say you like the colour blue
    Lovely shuttles
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!