Thursday, February 11, 2016

Blaze Spinning Wheel


I finished another Spinning Wheel glass mat today. This one is in size 20 Lizbeth Twirlz, Blaze #409. It has a similar look to Jane's HWT. However, since Jane is combining her own threads, she has many more color possibilities!

In case you haven't been following my Spinning Wheel challenge, the pattern is from Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior. It's my all-time-favorite pattern!


I also made good progress on my Primrose Path doily, another pattern by Mary Konior. This one is from A Pattern Book of Tatting. The thread is size 20 Lizbeth, Angel's Love and Wedgewood DK.

We have no school tomorrow in celebration of Lincoln's birthday. I could spend the day tatting, but I think I'm going to get my housework out of the way so that I can enjoy the rest of the weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Both look fabulous!! :)
    I have seen many people disappointed with the Lizbeth Twirlz, but that seems to go well with the spinning wheel glass mat!! Maybe just certain patterns will look wonderful in them. :)
    And I love how that doily is looking!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like the Twirlz the first time I used it, because it was too difficult to see the stitches. However, I am getting used to it!

      Delete
  2. I like the look of the orange thread. Almost textured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely spinning wheel mat, yes it looks glitter to me and has a textured look.
    I love the other pattern I must have a look in the book fir the pattern, yes I have both those books.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!