Thursday, September 15, 2016

Palmetto Tat Days 4 ~ Classes Part 2

The second class I took actually encompassed two sessions, and I know I needed both sessions to get started!

I have been fascinated with beaded tatting for ages, but I needed a jump start to get me going. Boy, did I jump in!


This gorgeous Interlaced Necklace kit was part of the class,


which was taught by the talented Nina Libin! Yes, the pattern takes concentration, but thanks to Nina, I think we all walked away realizing that it's really not difficult.


I don't know who this lady is wearing glasses. ;-)


During the second session, I sat with J.B. Locke (the lady in blue and NO glasses!), Karen Parent, and Sandra Eichelberger. There was a lot of storytelling and laughter, with Nina gently shushing us every now and then.


Mimi Dillman was helping Nina. I feel very lucky that I met so many famous tatters!


I had to take pictures of all my classmates.


However, I was not good about learning all their names,


and we were so busy, there really wasn't time to wander from table to table and get to know each other.


I took a picture of Sandra's progress in gold and black.


 Mine is in blue and clear/silver. I should have made much more progress, but when I went to join the silver ring to the first blue ring, I realized I had too many picots in the first ring. I'll bet you can guess what I did! After I closed the first silver ring, I realized that I had tangled the threads and my shuttles with blue beads were on the wrong side of the ring. Once again, you know what I did!

I know when I work on this, I will need to be sitting at the table. I don't want to wait too long. I want to keep going while I'm motivated!

15 comments:

  1. Hi Diane, I actually got to be a student in this class. I had been helping in a previous class and she asked me to stay there to keep the middle of the room easier for her to navigate. I got to listen to the hilarity at your table, so the position was great! I would have been happy to help, but no one needed it much, and Nina kept up admirably.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! And here I thought you were working for Nina! It was an enjoyable class.

      Delete
  2. Your work is lovely and very sparkly too didn't know you could add so many beads :) I love it and you are very lucky to see so many wonderful tatters, once again wish I was there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a ton of beads in this necklace. I forget how many, but I'm sure it was over 1,000. Maybe we'll get to meet there one day!

      Delete
  3. I can see you'd need an expert to get you going on this! But now you're on your way, I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once Nina explained what to do, it seemed very simple. The hardest part is keeping the shuttles straight, which is why I will only work on this at a table... with the t.v. off!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous colors on your beads, blue... You know you are a famous tatters too, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's over 2100 beads on the pattern. Nina is a genius.

    LOVED sitting across from you! I hope I wasn't too noisy....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lot of beads, and Nina is a genius! I LOVED sitting across from you, also! No, you weren't too noisy... you were a hoot!

      Delete
  6. Beads, tatting, and hoots of laughter-- sounds like a great class.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this gathering will be on my "must attend" list. Your colors are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I would have loved to have learn that necklace too!! :)
    Love the colors of the 2 starts!! :) Can't wait to see yours finished!!! :)
    I would love to see a close-up of your lanyard!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now this is interesting. My Grandma used to crochet beaded necklaces very similar to this. I would think it takes lots of concentration! BLUEtiful bead colors dear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That necklace is very pretty and both versions are lovely

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!