Wednesday, February 1, 2017

It pays to follow directions!

Eightsome Reel from A Pattern Book of Tatting by Mary Konior
After snipping my disastrous fourth motif, I decided I needed to try again. This time I kept the directions on my lap and double checked every step. Yes, it took a little more time, but at least I didn't have to snip out any mistakes!

Today I will try the fifth motif. Once I have that done, I think I will be ready to tat Karen's runner. I hope I have enough thread to square off this one, but I might need to order another ball of thread to do that... such a shame! ;-)


When Bella arrived after school yesterday, I let her choose the glass gem, charm, and ribbon for this Ice Drop.


It's fun to get ideas from others!

3 comments:

  1. So this is still a sample? I hope you can square it, then it will be a mini runner, perfect on a dressing table perhaps. Yes, I like to get ideas from others too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe your joy of tatting makes us all want to tat 💟🌹💟

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great starter runner!! :)
    Another great Ice Drop!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!