Friday, April 21, 2017

Specs


I went for an eye exam yesterday. It had been seven years since my last one... oh, my! My eyes are fine, but my prescription has changed quite a bit. I must have tried on a dozen different frames, narrowing the choice down to these two. I was going to go with the frame on the right, because it was less expensive, but the frame on the left is a mottled blue and purple. It just made me smile!

It will take about a week to get my new glasses, because of my prescription. I sure hope I made the right choice!


As soon as I got home, I finished up the Ice Drop I had started the previous evening. Yes, I chose another hand-dyed thread from Marilee Rockley aka Yarnplayer. This one is size 20 Candy Mint.


I finished weaving another band. I stopped at 26" only because I must have made a mistake in warping the loom. When I got this far, I couldn't get the warp threads smooth enough to weave through. So, I snipped the warp, tied a knot, and called it a day.

This band was an experiment in how tightly to weave. By the time I finished, the band was about 1/3 wider than at the beginning. I wonder if that caused the warp to be uneven? In any case, I need to do some more reading, watch some more videos, and do some more experimenting.


Before bed, I finished another Ice Drop in Candy Mint. I think I'll be keeping this one!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful Ice Drops and band!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had your eyes, I have to have a test every year plus every time I visit the hospital, that could be at least four or five tests a year. I think I might have had both frames so I had a choice to go with whatever I was wearing,
    Lovely ice drops they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you on getting the glasses frames that make you happy. Love the blue Ice Drop. Weaving is beyond me. Spring Blss Dear...<3

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!