Thursday, April 13, 2017

Surprise!


Daughter Joanne called late Tuesday to say that she and the kids were coming down for Easter... surprise! Her husband builds high-tech greenhouses, and this is an incredibly busy time of year for anyone in the greenhouse business. Rather than sit at home alone with the kids for long hours, she decided to come down for a quick visit... lucky Grandma and Papa!


Of course we wish that all of the grandkids could be here, but we'll take what we can get!


I finished this Ice Drop right before everyone arrived on Wednesday.


I started this one Wednesday evening, and this morning Sophia chose this pretty blue ribbon to go with it.


While everyone was napping this afternoon, I had time to tat another Ice Drop. This is one of Marilee Rockley's hand-dyed threads. I don't remember the color name, but I do love hand-dyed thread!

9 comments:

  1. Yay for you! Enjoy the special visit - Happy Easter! 🐣

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious Moments kids are cute, but I think your grandkids are cuter!! :)
    Great Ice Drops!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Grands are adorable and Easter will be so much better now. Lovely Ice Drops. All three napped at the same glorious time?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Enjoy their visit. Yes, that hand dyed thread is splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are in for a busy Easter,
    Lovely ice drops
    Have a lovely Easter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three adorable kids :) Happy you had this lovely surprise.
    The IceDrops are great. I love Marilee Rockley's threads, so I particularly love the 3rd one, but I find the 2nd one intriguing. I don't know if it's obvious IRL, but in the picture it almost looks like the thread was clever enough to be in 3D by itself. Only the background stitches, slightly magnified by the glass, betray the presence of the gem :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!