Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Variety is the spice of life!

I try to keep that saying in mind when I become distracted and flit from one activity to another. 😉


The big news for yesterday was that I finally finished round 8 of Renulek's Wiosna 2017! Round 9 looks much more complicated, and interesting. I'm looking forward to the challenge!


I only finished one Ice Drop yesterday. I'm still working with the sample skein of Afternoon Garden by Marilee Rockley. If you've never tried hand-dyed thread, I highly recommend it! There's something about the hand-dying process that makes the thread smoother and nicer to work with.


I started another band on the box loom that Dad made. As you can see, I still seem to pull to the right.  I think that might be why my right side edge is a bit wavy. I wound a longer warp this time. I'll be interested to see if my calculations are correct for the finished length. I'm hoping for a 60" band... no particular reason, just a number I pulled out of the air! I also tried Mom's idea of stretching rubber bands across the two rows of nail heads to keep the warp from popping off when I get close to the end.

Yesterday was sewing class. The girls had hoped to finish the aprons they're making, but making pockets for the aprons turned out to be a bit more time consuming than we had hoped. Next week we'll move on to the straps, and then their aprons will be finished!

5 comments:

  1. Your mat up is looking lovely,
    Beautiful ice drop,
    Look forward to seeing the band when it's finished,
    With several items on the go you will not get bored

    ReplyDelete
  2. You manage an awful lot, going from project to project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doily looks so elegant!! :)
    Another pretty Ice Drop! :)
    Love the colors in your band!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are more ambitious than me and each item is so well done! I agree that HDT is best to use and the Garden afternoon is among my favs. Made several projects with it. Never woven anything. Watching yours is interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!