Monday, August 7, 2017

Sewing day


I only tatted one Ice Drop today, again using thread left on shuttles. I don't know if you can see in the picture, but this ribbon has an edging that picks up the colors in the Green Coral Sea. It's very pretty in person!

The reason I didn't tat much was sewing! Denise called this morning and asked if I wanted to go fabric shopping at our local quilt shop. We don't have much to offer in our little town, but we do have a lovely quilt shop! Rocking Chair Quilts is owned by my friend Carol. Her daughters Katie and Annie were two of my favorite students during my teaching years. Carol made many of her daughters' clothes, and they were adorable. So, when Denise suggested a shopping trip, I said yes!

Carol's husband helps her run the shop, and he helps make the sample quilts that provide inspiration. Luckily, I can visit the shop whenever I like, but they also have an online presence. If you like to quilt, I hope you'll check out Carol's shop!


Yes, I did buy fabric and patterns. However, I decided that I needed to finish up some projects before diving in to something new. I had started these pin cushions months ago. I finished sewing, turning, and pressing 29 pin cushions today. They still need to be stuffed, sewn shut, and finished with buttons. Then I will allow myself to start with some of my new goodies!


Some new shuttles arrived in the mail today! I love Rita Richmond's shuttles, and when I saw these, I selfishly snapped them up. I believe I will start tatting with them tomorrow! 😘

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful Ice Drop!! :)
    Wow, busy with a lot of pin cushions!! :)
    Very beautiful shuttles!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 29 pin cushions is a lot! Do you have a plan for them? I'd love to be able to browse in Carol's shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no plan for the pin cushions. I just like making them out of scraps. Every once in a while someone will ask to buy one, and I like having a stash ready. I don't normally do that many at once, but I've fallen behind!

      Delete
  3. Love those shuttles - so very ......... ah, the word is 'blue'!!!! Wonder why?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whew! I'm so glad you noticed that they're blue! I'm going to tat something with blue thread today. Luckily, there are many shade to choose from. I wouldn't want to get bored! ;-)

      Delete
  4. Love the ice drop. Could that be one of my six?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not surprised you only did one ice drop, 29 pin cushions gosh you sewing machine must have been racing along.
    I saw those beautiful shuttles, showed my hubby and got a grunt, the price turned him off. I live in hopes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely and productive day you've had. BLUEtiful new shuttles dear. Tatting Bliss...<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those pin cushions! Lovely! Oh those shuttles- gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What do you stuff in the pin cushions, Diane?

    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crushed walnut shells... I bought a big bag at one of the pet stores (Petco?). I guess they're used for lizards, something I know nothing about. However, those crushed walnut shells are supposed to be good for keeping pins and needles sharp.

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!