Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas!

I did it!


I had to stay off my computer, ignore the housework and dishes (luckily, Dave pitched in and did more than his fair share!), stay up late, and get up early, but I finished my sister-in-law's mantle runner!


She was thrilled with it! Will I tat another large project again? Of course! At times a large project seems like it will never be finished, but when it is... what a feeling of accomplishment!


All of my daughters and their families will be here today, and I am really excited to have them! I'm planning on lots of snuggles, playing, and laughter, and I think I will give my wrists a break and set down the tatting while they're here.

Merry Christmas, dear friends! I'll see you in the new year!

13 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and yours! The runner is absolutely gorgeous (as is your table)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job on that runner!!! :) I knew you could do it!! :) Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treasure that runner is. Enjoy your family day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! Wishing you and your family harmony, happiness, prosperity and health.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos! I know you'll have a grand Holiday with your family!

    Just about fell out of my chair to see the finished runner! Beautiful! You also amazed me when you finished the large doily for your aunt and uncle a few years ago!

    I did appreciate your note to me, although I feel that you also take lots of time to write nice comments to others AND you keep up with your blog! I do enjoy conversing with people in social settings, but I actually am a quiet, 'research' person at heart and am on the internet a lot (too much?) Inexplicably, I have neglected my blog and can't really explain it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done!! It’s really beautiful. Glad it was finished on time. Enjoy your time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really wonderful! I wish you happy days with family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The runner looks wonderful, so glad she liked it,
    I wish you and your family a very happy Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning piece of tatting finished! Wonderful family pictures...and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The runner is gorgeous! I am almost ready to tackle another large project - without any pressure on the timing, so I won’t do a gift! :) Merry Christmas - and stay warm! -18 here this a.m. and up to a 0 degree heatwave this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous lace !!! Hope to see you back in 2018 after enjoying this holiday break :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!