Friday, February 16, 2018

Back to normal

The weather was back to normal today... no fog, just warm enough to start melting the snow... it's starting to feel like winter is winding down.


I started off the day test tatting an Ice Drop pattern for a friend. Sorry, it's not ready for the big reveal just yet!


Next, I checked my pattern for Tatting Corner's Tat Days in July one more time. I'm not ready to show this one just yet. I think it may be after Tat Days, because I want this to be a special pattern for the event.


I finished up the day tatting this little motif from one of my Japanese tatting books, Tatting Lace 101 Edging & Motif Ideas.

I've been enjoying watching the Olympics. I get really excited watching curling, and I get the wits scared out of me watching the skiing and snowboarding events. I don't know how those athletes can do that stuff!

6 comments:

  1. I am glad your day was better!! We had gray cloudy skies most of the day and even some snow.
    It's a good idea to keep a special Ice Drop for the event!! :) Can't wait to see it afterwards!!
    Cute motif! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The added mystery never hurt anyone, though I am excitedly curious to see your new patterns :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting shuttles. I haven't watched any Olympics, perhaps I should!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always fun to watch and see what comes from your shuttles. I love the Curling and skiing events!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I can't quite get excited over Curling, but I love all the figure skating, especially Ice Dancing and Pairs. I still watch the video of Meryl Davis and Charlie White skating their fabulous dance routine that won Gold in 2014. I also am amazed at the skiers who do all those aerial stunts, especially when shown in slow motion! I even find myself watching speed skating, which I never did before! I keep the Olympics on TV so I don't miss anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think some of those athletes have ice water running through their veins but I wouldn't miss watching them for the world!

    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!